• Checkmark Easy & Free Connection Service
  • Checkmark Connect in 1 Call (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday)
  • Sort Out All of Your Connections at Once

Organise your water connection in a few simple steps with HOOD.

Getting Your Water Connected for Free with HOOD.

While you're organising energy connections and moving services with HOOD, we'll take care of your water connection for free.

In the second step, connecting your power line is an excellent opportunity to utilise our HOOD services to ensure that you're getting the most from your current energy provider. Moving houses can present a great chance to find a better deal and provider that suits your home's lifestyle choices and usage.

Connect Water in 3 Simple Steps

Connect Water in 3 Simple Steps

Step 1. Choose your prefer way to connect

Connect In One Phone Call (1300 242 824)
Speak to one of our friendly connections specialists in Melbourne, available 9 am to 5 pm (Mon-Fri).


Step 2. Choose a plan

The number of options available to you for a water connection will depend on the area you're moving; we'll let you know about any differences in prices or billing it they apply.

Step 3. Provide your details

Provide your details and complete your connection through the HOOD Chatbot faster than it takes you to make a coffee, or let us handle it over the phone in one call. 

As Seen On

As seen on

Moving Water FAQs

  • + Connect water to your new home

  • + Give notice to your current provider

  • + New Property

How to connect water to my new home?

Water providers do not disconnect water between tenants, so if you’re moving into an existing property, the water will already be connected.

If you live in Victoria, you will need to ensure that the water provider is notified of the date of your move and has your correct billing details. Providing your details to the water provider will help ensure that both you and the previous tenants are billed correctly.

How much notice do I need to give?

The good news is that water providers do not turn the supply off between tenants, so water will already be connected when you move in.

If you are going to be responsible for paying the water bills, make sure you inform the water provider of your move-in date and details as soon as possible so that they can take a meter reading and ensure both you and the previous occupants are billed correctly.

What if the property is a new property?

If you are building a new home or office you will need to contact the water provider and apply for a connection to their pipes so you have access to water, wastewater and stormwater services.

A builder or plumber normally does this on your behalf and there are usually associated charges. The average cost for a new water main line in Australia ranges between $1500 to $3000.

Connect your Water, Electricity, Gas & more.

Simply fill out this form and one of our friendly staff will contact you shortly. It's just that easy!

Moving Tips

Moving interstate

When moving interstate, it's important to know that your current utility providers may not offer plans for your new address. 

Termination fee

You may need to pay an early termination fee if you take this opportunity to change energy providers.            

Moving day

On moving day, write down your meter reading to ensure you've been charged the correct amount on your first bill.